Project: A striking houndstooth or log cabin scarf! 8″ width by ~75″ length
Level: beginner to intermediate
This is a 2 day workshop. Part 2 is Saturday, May 11th.
- Learn all about color and weave interaction on the rigid heddle loom
- Learn how to read and interpret 2 shafts drafts for use on the rigid heddle loom
- How to plan and calculate yarn requirements for a 2 color project using the project calculation worksheets.
- Warping and dressing the loom.
- Starting and finishing a scarf on a rigid heddle loom.
Required supplies: 2 skeins of solid color yarn, 1 each of extreme contrasting colors, yarn should be sport or worsted weight and not single ply. If you need help email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looms will be provided for the duration the class
Max class size: 5
Workshop is two 4 hour days on consecutive weekends
Workshop fee: $100/$125
Refund policy: We currently do not offer refunds or transfers between classes. You may, however, transfer your ticket to another person who is 18 or older. If you need help finding someone to take your spot, you are welcome to post in the class event on our Facebook page, or ask us to share your email address with the class waitlist.
For your personal safety, please wear closed-toe shoes, tie long hair back, and avoid any dangling jewelry or baggy clothing.
You do not need to bring a printed ticket.