$60 Non members/$50 Members
In this workshop, we will learn how to use popular Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular modules with the Arduino to connect our Arduino projects to other devices, including local networks, smartphones, and the Internet. We will cover among others the ESP8266, ESP32, Bluetooth Classic modules like the HC-06, and several Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and cellular module options suitable for use with Arduino boards.
Come to the workshop if:
• You want to learn about the various popular communications modules that are available for makers.
• You want to gain hands-on experience building things with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cellular connections
• You want to acquire a key building block in converting your projects into fully connected devices in the age of the Internet of Things (IoT) creations
• You want to get started with building smartphone apps wirelessly connected to your Arduino
• How to program the exchange of data between a PC and Arduino, and between an Android smartphone and Arduino using popular Wi-Fi modules
• How to program the exchange of data between a PC and Arduino, and between an Android smartphone and Arduino using popular Bluetooth modules
• How to use cellular modules for sending and receiving text messages from/on the Arduino
• How to connect the Arduino to cloud data storage services
• Your favorite Arduino board
• Hookup wires
• Arduino USB cable for programming
• Personal computer with Arduino IDE installed
Note: instructor will have Arduino boards and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular modules samples for participants to use in the workshop